The aims and objectives (also known as the ‘purposes’) of the CSF Leak Association, as defined by its Constitution, are:
1. To raise the profile and promote awareness of Cerebrospinal Fluid Leaks (with a particular focus on spinal Cerebrospinal Fluid Leaks), hereafter within these purposes referred to as ‘CSF Leaks’, in all areas of society, including the general public, the media and the medical profession, for the public benefit;
2. To improve, for the public benefit, the general availability of and access to information and resources relating to the causes, symptoms, diagnosis and treatment of CSF Leaks;
3. To advance, for the public benefit, understanding of the causes, symptoms, diagnosis and treatment of CSF Leaks through research, education, fora, publications, practical advice, and other appropriate means and services;
4. To campaign for, encourage and support positive change and advancements within government, the four national health services within the UK, other relevant health care providers (including those outwith the UK), other relevant organisations and general society that address the various issues faced by people suffering or suspected to be suffering from CSF Leaks, their families and supporters;
5. To work to support and improve the availability of and access to investigatory tests and treatments required by people suffering or suspected to be suffering from CSF Leaks;
6. To encourage and support the establishment, development and furtherance of organisations and initiatives the aim(s) of which are to a) undertake and/or facilitate research into CSF Leaks (incl. their underlying causes and resultant effects) and/or b) support people suffering or suspected to be suffering from CSF Leaks, their families and supporters;
7. The promotion of such other similar charitable purposes as may from time to time be determined.
If you would like to help us work towards these aims and objectives, please contact us for more information on membership and volunteering.