The following terms and conditions apply to all competitions run by or on behalf of the CSF Leak Association, unless otherwise stated. By submitting an entry or entries into any such competition or competitions, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions in full:
1. The promoter is the Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak Association (also known as the CSF Leak Association), a Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation (charity no. SC046319) registered in Scotland.
2. Trustees or Employees of CSF Leak Association or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter the competition.
4. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are as advertised with the details of the competition, which may be published in a variety ways, including via mailshots (postal and email), newsletters and via www.csfleak.info
5. Closing date for entry will be as advertised with the details of the competition. Entries must be received on or before the closing date, after which no further entries to the competition will be permitted or accepted.
6. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received by the CSF Leak Association, for whatever reason.
7. The rules of the competition and the prize for each winner are as advertised within these terms and conditions and with the details of the competition.
8. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outwith the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to all entrants, and the details of the competition updated, as soon as possible by the promoter.
9. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with the competition.
10. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
11. Winners will be chosen by the CSF Leak Association Board of Trustees, unless otherwise stated.
12. The winner will be notified by email and/or letter within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and, if appropriate, pick a replacement winner.
13. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected or as may be otherwise agreed with the promoter, the prize may be posted to the winner; however the promoter accepts no responsibility whatsoever for any prize being damaged or lost in transit, for whatever reason, and is not liable for compensation for or replacement of a damaged or lost prize.
14. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into with any party.
15. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
16. For competitions involving the submission of photographs, images, designs or slogans, all entrants agree that while the copyright of all photographs, images, designs or slogans submitted for the competition remains with the respective entrants, a) in consideration of their providing the competition, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual and royalty-free licence to the CSF Leak Association to feature any or all of the submitted photographs, images, designs or slogans in any of their stationary, publications, websites, email communications, television appearances or campaigns, merchandise and/or in any other promotional material connected to this competition, and b) the winner grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual and royalty-free licence to the CSF Leak Association to feature the winning photographs, images, designs or slogans in any of their stationary, publications, websites, email communications, television appearances or campaigns, merchandise and/or in any other promotional material connected with the work of the CSF Leak Association.
17. All photographs, images, designs or slogans submitted to the competition must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any photographs, images or designs they submit and which contain a human subject have been taken with the permission of the subject (and that all necessary waivers or release forms have been properly completed) and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must warrant that any photographs, images, designs or slogans they are submitting are their own work and that they own the applicable copyright.
18. The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date of the competition by sending an email request to: email@example.com
19. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
21. By entering into the competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
22. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by Scots law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Scotland.
Version 1 (28 June 2016)